Welcome to my
are in the areas of
graphics and computer vision.
My recent topics of
interest include data-driven shape processing and modeling, high-level
shape analysis, 3D geometry-based vision and robotics, etc. You are welcomed
take a look at my publication page.
School of Computer Science & High Performance Computing Lab (HPCL), NUDT.
A glance of research projects (click on the images to view the project pages):
- [New] Aug. 18,
2016: Our course, "Data-Driven Shape Analysis and Processing", is accepted to SIGGRAPH Asia 2016. This course will be given together with Vladimir Kim, Qixing Huang, Evangelos Kalogerakis and Niloy Mitra.
- [New] Aug. 10,
2016: Our paper, "3D Attention-Driven Depth Acquisition for Object Identification", is conditionally accepted to SIGGRAPH Asia 2016, to be held in Macao this December. Check more details here.
- [New] Jun. 16,
2016: Two papers,"Mobility Fitting using 4D RANSAC" and "CustomCut: On-demand Extraction of Customized 3D Parts with 2D Sketches", are accepted by SGP 2016. See details here.
- Oct. 30,
2015: Our survey paper, "Data-Driven Shape Analysis and Processing", has been accepted by Computer Graphics Forum. See more details here.
- Oct. 30,
2015: The source code of object analysis (object-level segmentation and entropy-based NBP selection) of our robot-operated scene scanning paper is available for downloading.
- Aug. 12,
2015: Two papers, "Autoscanning for Coupled Scene Reconstruction and Proactive Object Analysis" and "Deformation-Driven Topology-Varying 3D Shape Correspondence", are conditionally accepted to SIGGRAPH Asia 2015. Please see more details here.
- Aug. 9,
2015: Our paper on Projective Feature Learning for 3D Shapes is accepted to Pacific Graphics 2015. Source code is available for downloading.
- Aug. 7,
2015: The source code of mesh segmetation based on Extreme Learning Machine of our SGP 2014 paper is now available. The training time of our method is 100x faster than the state-of-the-art methods.
- Feb. 25,
2015: Our survey paper "Data-Driven Shape Analysis and Processing" is now online via arXiv.org: arXiv:1502.06686. The wikipage is available online.
- Jan. 5,
2015: One paper on Skeleton-Intrinsic Symmetrization is conditionally accepted to Eurographics 2015.
- May. 17,
2014: The source code of focal analysis of our SIGGRAPH 2014 paper is available.
- Mar. 28,
2014: Two papers, "Organizing Heterogeneous Scene Collections through Contextual Focal Points" and "Topology-Varying 3D Shape Creation via Structural Blending", are
conditionally accepted to SIGGRAPH 2014. See more details here.
- Jun. 27,
2013: The source code and data of our facade
structure analysis paper is now available.
- Jun. 14,
paper on outdoor scene consolidation is accepted to SGP 2013. Another paper
on sketch-based 3D object design is accepted to CGF (with minor
- Apr. 22,
project pages of our SIGGRAPH 2013 papers are available; see symmetry maximization and conshier.
- Apr. 6,
conditionally accepted to SIGGRAPH 2013: 1) Layered Analysis of Irregular
Facades via Symmetry
Maximization; 2) Co-Hierarchical Analysis of Shape Structures. Please
see more details here.
- Sep. 9,
2012: The datasets in our set
paper are available for downloading.
- Aug. 23,
"Multi-Scale Partial Intrinsic Symmetry Detection" is
conditionally accepted to SIGGRAPH
- Jun. 8,
2012: Project page of our SIGGRAPH 2012 paper
- Apr. 3,
"Fit and Diverse: Set Evolution for Inspiring 3D Shape Galleries" is
conditionally accepted to SIGGRAPH
- Apr. 30,
2011: Project page of our SIGGRAPH 2011
paper is now on.
- Mar. 31,
2011: Our paper
"Photo-Inspired Model- Driven 3D Object Modeling" is conditionally
accepted to SIGGRAPH
- Jan. 31,
2011: The project page
of symmetry hierarchy is now available from Eric's
1, 2010: Our paper "Symmetry Hierarchy of Man-Made
Objects" is conditionally accepted to Eurographics 2011.
28, 2010: Project page for "Style-Content Separation by
Anisotropic Part Scales" is on.
6, 2010: Our paper on Style-Content Separation is
conditionally accepted to SIGGRAPH Asia 2010.
23, 2009: The source code of curve
orientation in our
feature-aligned texturing paper is now available.
- I am honored to receive the Young Researcher Award of CSIAM Geometric Design and Computing at GDC 2016.
- I am now serving on the editorial board of Computer Graphics Forum.
- I am serving as the co-chair of the program committee of CSIAM Geometric Design and Computing of China (GDC) 2016, a geometry conference organized by CSIAM Technical Committee on GDC, to be held in Hefei, China. See the CFP.
- I am now serving on the editorial board of The Visual Computer, an Springer jounal.
- [New] Nov. 2-5, 2015: Attend SIGGRAPH Asia 2015 in Kobe, Japan and present our paper on robot scene scanning with object analysis.
- Oct. 7-9, 2015: Attend Pacific Graphics 2015 held by Tsinghua University in Beijing and present our paper on "Projective Feature Learning for 3D Shapes".
- Aug. 27, 2015: Attend CAD/Graphics 2015 held in Xi'an and organize the panel discussion on "High-level Shape Understanding" with Jin Huang and Dong-Ming Yan.
- Jul. 14-29, 2015: Attend the summer schools of Zhejiang University, Shandong University and University of Science and Technology of China, and give talks on "robot-operated scene reconstruction and analysis" and "data-driven shape processing".
- Dec. 4, 2014: Our course on Data-Driven Visual Computing has been successfully held at SIGGRAPH Asia 2014. Slides are available from our course website.
- Dec. 3-6, 2014: Attend SIGGRAPH Asia 2014 in Shenzhen.
- I am organizing an invited course at SIGGRAPH Asia 2014, to be held in Shenzhen, Dec. 3-6, 2014. Welcome to our course! Please find detailed information here.
- I am serving on the Program Committee of SGP 2015.
- I am now serving on the editorial board of Computers and Graphics, an Elsevier jounal.
- Aug. 10-14, 2014: Attend SIGGRAPH 2014 in Vancouver, Canada.
- Apr. 7-11, 2014: Attend Eurographics 2014 in Strasbourg, France.
- A one-day workshop on "Creative Shape Modeling and Design" will be held in conjunction with SIGGRAPH Asia 2014, Shenzhen. I will be serving on the PC. Welcome to submit your work!
- I am serving on the International Program Committee of Eurographics 2014 (Short Papers), SGP 2014, Pacific Graphics 2014, GMP 2014, and Chinagraph 2014.
- Jul. 21-25,
2013: Attend SIGGRAPH 2013 in Anaheim, CA, USA.
- I am serving as International Program Committee (IPC) member for SIGGRAPH Asia 2013 (Technical Briefs & Posters), SGP 2013, PG 2013,
and CAD/Graphics 2013.
- Nov. 27 - Dec.
2, 2012: Attend SIGGRAPH
Asia 2012 at Singapore.
- Sep. 11, 2012:
Attend Workshop on City Modeling and Visualization held
by VCC.SIAT in
Shenzhen, and give a talk on multiscale partial intrinsic symmetry
- Aug. 5-9, 2012:
2012 in Los Angeles.
- Jul. 3-4, 2012:
I am giving two courses at the USTC Summer School 2012
on "Advances in Computer Graphics". One is on symmetry analysis and the
other is about data-driven shape synthesis. See more details in my research page.
- Jun. 11, 2011: Visit Prof.
Ligang Liu's group at Zhejiang University and give a talk on
Semantics Driven 3D Object Modeling.
- May 21, 2011: Visit the
Computing Center at SIAT and give a talk on Semantics Driven
Shape Analysis and Modeling.
- Dec. 15, 2010: Attend SIGGRAPH Aisa 2010 at Seoul, Korea.
12, 2010: I've finished my two-year-stay at GrUVi lab, SFU and
returned to China to complete my PhD study. Thank you, GrUVi!
8, 2010: Return to Vancouver, Canada to continue my
1, 2010: Visit Prof. Baoquan Chen's group, 3D Digital City
Research Center, at Shenzhen Institute of Advanced Tech (SIAT), China
and give a talk on PIRS.
15, 2009: Attend SIGGRAPH Asia
2009 at Yokohama, Japan.